One Tree Planted’s Latin American projects are rebuilding forests and restoring land, so the benefits of healthy tropical forests can be felt around the world. Our partners work with communities impacted by deforestation so they benefit from improved forest management practices and agricultural techniques like agroforestry. This also ensures the trees and land are taken care of for generations to come, and the forests can continue to thrive.
One Tree Planted projects help support reforestation in Brazil, the Amazon Rainforest, Haiti, Guatemala, and the Andes.
Project impacts and benefits:
- More than 472,000 trees planted in Latin America
- Protect primary forests
- Restore degraded land
- Establish a sustainable agroforestry system using shade-grown cocoa, native tree species, and productive timber species
- Restore water quality in Brazil
- Promote the conservation of biodiversity
- Support local communities
- Preserve the landscape and Indigenous culture